Monday, April 13, 2009

A Taste of Heaven

"Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing:'To Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!'" Revelation 5:13


I loved our service yesterday morning at Crossroads! It lifted my spirits and encouraged me. It took my mind off of me and helped me to focus on my risen Lord!

We are so blessed to have such wonderful musicians at our church. I so much appreciate Steve's leadership as he seeks what God would have us sing and all the many aspects of the worship ministry. We sang about our living Savior, how we are so undeserving of His love, and yet He chooses to be our friend. Wow! What a concept to start off the week...

I was deeply moved by Eddie's message. The Passion movie was very hard for me to watch the first time I saw it. In fact, I closed my eyes for part of the "beating scene". But Gibson has portrayed the crucifixion account in such a moving way that I believe it is a powerful tool to use in sharing the gospel. It would only make sense that God would lay that on Eddie's heart to show to the large crowd that would be there for Easter. And that it would visibly touch our pastor's heart as much as some of the crowd who might be viewing it as if for the first time is just a reminder of how "real" Eddie is. We are blessed to serve with him.

There were so many people that contributed to the wonderful morning - greeters, those serving in hospitality, teachers, who could forget those teenagers (led by my daughter, Haley) who are not afraid to passionately portray the ministry of Jesus, and the many others who are so dedicated to creating an atmosphere where we can come and feel God's presence in the midst of our church family and visitors. There was also the children passing out seeds...and

When we left church there were small Easter eggs glued together in the shape of the cross on our windshield. It was so simple, yet so sweet...showing that Jesus was working everywhere even down to the smallest offering, yet so powerful.

Thank you, Lord, for what you did for us so long ago, and for what you do for us everyday. I know this is only a tiny taste of heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment