Friday, April 24, 2009

Colossians 3:1-4

1 "Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God.
2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.
3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.
4 When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory."



Ok, I skipped ahead. But it's Friday and Chapter 2 is a bit too lengthy and deep for a Friday devotion, so I skipped ahead to one of my favorite phrases. It's in verse 4..."when Christ, who is your life..."I love that phrase. I want Him to be my life. Not just a part of my life, but be the starting point for everything I do and everything I think. I want Him to be every breath I breathe in and every breath I breathe out. Because when He becomes that essential to my being, then it's natural to do verse 1 and 2 - set my heart and mind on things above.

This morning when I got up I noticed a verse I have on my desk - "The joy of the Lord is my strength" - and the word joy really spoke to me. It's not living a life for God because I feel indebted to Him, but letting the joy of the Lord overwhelm me. It was a nice reminder to embrace joy this day.

So, embrace joy, focus on heaven, live Christ...I'm ready to go...are you glad it's Friday?

No comments:

Post a Comment