Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Colossians 1:10-12

10"And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God,
11 being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light."




Growing in the knowledge of God...I love learning more about Him...reading the Bible...studying the scripture. I know I acquired that love from my mother and my dad's mother. It's part of my DNA. It makes me sad to think of all that people miss when they don't ever open their Bible. God's word is full of "power according to his glorious might". Reading a few verses transforms an ordinary day into a chance to meet with Almighty God, the creator of the universe, the creator of ME! That time gives me a chance to know God and myself better. It also enlightens me to how I fit into my surroundings - "sharing with the saints in the kingdom of light".

But it goes beyond the "big picture" to "my picture". God is so big, yet so personal! Spending time with Him blesses me with great endurance and patience. Are you like me? There are some things in life that we endure because they're not as enjoyable as others? And patience! Who doesn't need more of that?

Just take a minute and bask in the presence of God. I love the word "bask". The dictionary defines it as "1: to lie or relax in a pleasant warmth or atmosphere 2: to take pleasure or derive enjoyment." Now how's that for a verb? Nothing required for the action to take place. All take, no give. "Calgon, take me away"...remember that commercial? How about "God, take me away"!!!

Okay, in case you're worried I've lost it. No, I'm finding it....strength for my day...power...endurance...patience...unconditional love...I'm basking...basking...it only takes a few minutes...then back to work...

1 comment: