Monday, April 27, 2009

Colossians 2:8

8 "See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depend on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ."

This verse really spoke to me this morning. I didn't want to go farther in the scripture, but let this sink in during the day. I feel like it has strong and profound meaning. Paul wasn't speaking to unbelievers in this book. He was speaking to people who had already placed their faith in Christ. But his warning was that they not become captives through hollow and deceptive philosophy. Now I realize that these words are the NIV translation, but it cautions me to consider what might be taking me captive. And the word hollow is not how I want to describe anything about my life.

Then he goes on to warn about the philosophy that is based on traditions and basic principles of the world instead of Christ. Wow! It makes me wonder if I'm letting any of these "hollow" principles sneak into my life.

So I'm going to take some time to ask the Lord to show me if I'm letting anything come between God and me. I want Him to work through everything in my life, not take second place.


BTW: I loved Pastor Eddie's comment yesterday, "if you don't understand the resurrection, you have nothing". I'm so thankful for eternal life and that He gives us hope of a resurrection and glorified body. I want to take yesterday's sermon into this week - "Take Hope - Our Rez Look is Coming!"

No comments:

Post a Comment