Saturday, April 4, 2009

God Is Good All The Time

I'm sorry I got a little behind. I've been trying to work and come home and go to bed to rest my back and it has been busy finishing up the details on the Aquire the Fire Trip. Thirty-one just left the church a few minutes ago. They got a somewhat late start, but all will work out. Pray for them today as they encounter God in a new and fresh way.

This past week, I have felt the prayers of God's people in a mighty way. Thank you! I was nervous and uncertain at one point, but then I felt a calm come over me that has remained. That is prayer. There is no mistaking the soothing presence of our heavenly Father as He wraps us in His presence. But there is a lingering flow of that as people lift up each other in prayer---coming before the throne of God on a frequent basis to express deep desires for healing, strength, sustenance...

"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." James 5:16

Now the confession part isn't always easy, but if we want to be the "family of God" that He wants us to be, then that's part of it. At least we're all on equal footing there. None of us are perfect and we're all very human. So as we grow in the ministry of-to-for women at Crossroads, let's be honest with one another and pray for each other so that we can be powerful and effective for the Kingdom of God!

By the way, I like the way Christy set up her information on the Followers section of the blog. If we all share a little about ourselves, we'll get to know each other better. And feel free to comment. I think we're on the verge of something wonderful here, ladies! I count it an honor to be in this with you!!!

1 comment:

  1. Chris,the format of this blog is simple but inspiring. Easy to understand. Thank you for doing this.
    I pray for healing for your pain.
    Doris Halberstadt

    ReplyDelete