Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Psalm 18:16-19 He Delights In Me!


"He reached down from on high and took hold of me;
He drew me out of deep waters.
He rescued me from my powerful enemy,
from my foes, who were too strong for me.
They confronted me in the day of my disaster,
but the LORD was my support.
He brought me out into a spacious place;
He rescued me because He delighted in me."

I love Psalm 18. I love the imagery - God reaching down to me - like a daddy reaching down to pick up his little one, lifting me out of the deep waters. How many times we feel like we're "drowning" in a sea of struggles. But we don't need to fear. He rescues us and continues to be our support. And the part about bringing me out into a spacious place: well, for a claustrophobic person like me - space is comforting. :-)

But look at the last line of this passage: "He rescued me because He delighted in me." This is a beautiful picture. He reached out to me before I was ever "delightful". He rescued me from my sin because He loved me. He lifts me out of my troubles because He delights in me. I don't have to be my best for Him to love me. I didn't even have to love Him for Him to love me. His gift of love is more than I can comprehend! And He's the "gift that keeps on giving" forever.

Do you sometimes feel like you've "given out"? I know I do. God wants to give to us, to replenish our souls and spirits. I hope you'll take a moment to enjoy His love. Delight in Him as He delights in us!

No comments:

Post a Comment