Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Colossians 1:28-29

28 "We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ.
29 to this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me."


Verse 28 is a beautiful picture of the Christian life - our daily walk with Jesus. We proclaim, admonish, and teach so that we can bring more people into the Kingdom. There are many ways we do this; some are through the church and others are on a personal level. Feel like sharing some of the opportunities you've had to share Christ?


Verse 29 became special to me one day when I was feeling very "out of energy". I didn't know if I could complete everything that I felt God would have me do. Then I read the words in verse 29 like I'd never read them before - "struggling with all his energy- it was a reminder that I was not serving Him from my own energy, but with His energy. Wow! That hit me so personally. And the next words reminded me that He powerfully works in us. He not only energizes us, but He also "powerizes" us. That's not a word, is it? Oh well, the thought works here.

So, if we feel less than the task, first of all check to make sure it's a task that God has given us and not just one we tacked on an already busy schedule. Then go to Him to be refreshed with His energy and power!

What could possibly be better than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment