Thursday, April 16, 2009

Colossians 1:13-14

13 "For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves,
14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins."



Rescued from the dominion of darkness! I love it! I sleep with a night light on. I don't like complete darkness. I like candlelight, but I don't like darkness. My night vision hasn't been good for a long time, so darkness handicaps me. So the picture of Jesus rescuing me from darkness is one I can really relate to. We're no longer under satan's dominion. Kind of like living in a bubble, right? The only things that can get through are what God allows. When we ask Him into our lives, He wraps us in His protection of redemption and victory. That makes me feel a little stronger, knowing that Someone more powerful than me is in charge.

And don't overlook "the forgiveness of sins". I think we are all so preoccupied with "being good" that we forget just how bad we are. No, I'm not putting us down or thinking I'm a judge. It's just that the Bible says we're all sinners. But if we're gliding along, living the "good life" we tend to forget how much we need a Savior! I know that I don't want to ever forget what He's done for me. Words to songs remind me a lot. The words to the songs we sang on Easter Sunday humbled me and reminded me how lost I'd be without Jesus!

So for today, I give thanks for Jesus - for the salvation He so freely gave me, and for the "bubble" of victory He wraps me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment