Thursday, April 9, 2009

Psalm 18:37-40 Destroy Your "Enemies"

"I pursued my enemies and overtook them;
I did not turn back till they were destroyed.
I crushed them so that they could not rise;
they fell beneath my feet.
You armed me with strength for battle;
You made my adversaries bow at my feet.
You made my enemies turn their backs in flight,
and I destroyed my foes."


Okay, so I'm going to get really personal here. Right now my biggest enemy (or so it seems) is a herniated disc/pinched nerve, and with that comes a long road to recovery, therapy, and possible surgery. That is not my usual kind of enemy. I struggle more with busyness, overeating, stress, etc. Now my enemy is my body. And the fear that it's breaking down and I will never be the same. This 18th chapter of Psalm has been good for me this week. Has it blessed your heart too?

These verses promise that I can overtake my enemies. I believe that God may not heal me of this herniated disc the way that I want Him to. And that my body may not continue to keep up at the pace that it always has. But the "hold" that this condition has on me mentally and emotionally can be destroyed. The "hold" can be destroyed. I can learn to trust God more fully, to lean on Him more than I ever have before. To give myself completely to Him and believe that the outcome is only goodness and love.

What has a hold on you? Care to share? If not, let's be sure to lift up one another in prayer as we fight our battles-as we work at destroying the enemies of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment