Monday, April 6, 2009

Psalm 18:1-3


"I love you, O Lord, my strength.

The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.
He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies."


Saved from my enemies...obviously the enemies David had were actual people threatening his life and causing havoc for him in every aspect of his life. They were hunting him down and trying to destroy him.

While we may not physically see our lives being threatened, there is an evil being-satan-trying to destroy us because we're God's children. He doesn't want us to do anything to build the Kingdom of God. So if God won't let him end our lives, he'll try anything to keep us from focusing on our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

What can challenge our focus? Busyness, sickness, pain, financial problems, pms, marital difficulties, cranky children, "mondays", problems at work...the list goes on and on. God wants us to let Him walk right through all those problems with us. He is our rock, our fortress, our refuge, our shield, our salvation, our stronghold. Read those words out loud. Let them sink in. Then call to Him and He will save us from our enemies. We'll come through these difficulties stronger and closer to Him than ever before.

And He's given us each other to help us through those times. Know that I am praying for you this day as I know you are praying for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment