Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Return to the Lord

Hosea 14:1 "Return, O Israel, to the LORD your God. Your sins have been your downfall!"

The book of Hosea is a beautiful story of God's love for His wayward child-Israel. Hosea 11:1-2 says, "When Israel was a child, I loved him...but the more I called Israel, the further they went from me."

I thought about these scriptures in terms of my life. And I must say that even in my sincerity to follow God, there are so many times that I become distracted with the busyness of life. I'm so thankful that He always welcomes me back with open arms. The entire Bible is full of hope - of love and forgiveness. God knew we were humans and that we would have days when it seems like we're running from God and that there are days that we just get too busy for God. But He never changes! He's always waiting for us to remember that we need Him. We can't do it on our own. He wants us to come to Him, not only when we feel needy, but also just to be with Him. I hope you can take a few moments today to let His presence wash over you, renewing and refreshing you for all you have ahead of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment