Monday, July 27, 2009

Passion

Thanks for missing me! I appreciate all the comments yesterday at church about my absence from the blog this past week. Boy, was it a week! We saw many teenagers come to know Christ and many recommitted their lives to Christ. We had "open mic" night and allowed them to share during the worship time. What a blessing! It was interesting too, no one said more than a few sentences, but lots of kids just stepped up to say what Jesus was doing in their life. Wow!

I think the main thing I brought home was the sense of passion the kids had. Oh, teenagers (especially girls) are very "dramatic" about everything. That's not what I mean. I'm talking about the passion when they worship and lead worship. The worship celebration which concludes the week is an awesome array of performances by all the classes that met during camp. By Saturday I had gotten to know who was shy and who wasn't. But everyone gave everything they had during Saturday's performance. Tears ran down my face as they gave such moving, thoughtful performances. I pray that they will keep their passion for serving Jesus as they go back to the "real world" after camp.

It is my prayer that we would encourage each other to be passionate for Jesus. To never lose our "give all" attitude in serving Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment