Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Apologies

I must apologize for being away from the blog. I want this to be a consistent available source for you to feel connected. Let me update you. I've been preparing to go to a worship arts camp this week. I usually teach a class or 2, but this year they asked me to direct the upper grades. And of course, this would be the year we have a record number of registrations: 61 to date. We usually have 25-30 teenagers. This is a camp that focuses on instrument skills and the many ministries used to enhance worship in the church. It's a little more "narrow" in activities, so it doesn't attract every teenager. Most of the kids we get already know Jesus and will enjoy worshiping with other teenagers from throughout the state of Indiana.

My entire family is going. Many of you know us and know that this kind of camp is well within the focus of our lives. In fact, this camp helped form my kids spiritually. We've been going for 10 years and they are now the "adults" serving and giving back to the camp they went to as kids. Even my hubby is going. This is his first year, but I'm going to enjoy having my whole family there. And not having to cook the rest of the week! Yeah! No dishes, no menu planning! Surely, you share in my excitement!

So, I may be away, but you're all in my prayers. This blog certainly enables me to feel more "connected". I've come to know some of you better and I enjoy talking with you on Sundays at church. Thank you for your kind words.

I could really use your prayers this week. You may remember that my back is still in the mending stage. I had a setback, but do feel like I'm making some progress again. But by the end of the day, I am exhausted because the muscles in my back have had spasms throughout the day and are too weary to support me. Please pray that I will have strength and stamina to do my job as director this week. Much of my work is done at this point, having planned and contacted, etc. But I want to be able to encourage and spiritually lift up those around me-adults and teenagers. Camp is draining, but it is also exhilirating!

We're taking 8 kids from Crossroads. Pray for them to feel God's presence in a mighty way. And that when they come back from camp that they will continue to make Him even more a part of their lives.

Thanks, until later...

2 comments:

  1. Chris, I hope you and your family had a great week. What a blessing you and your family are. Thank you for using your time and talent to lead others to Know Christ. Love Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, I know that it was a very good week when Josh has not stopped talking about all the things that he was able to do, learn and the new friends that he made. He still was not sure about going even that morning on the way there. Sunday afternoon I asked him if he was glad he went and he said yes. He has been to church camps in the past and it has not been very good. So I thank you for all the hard work that all of you did this week, it was so worth it. He was playing the songs that he learned at camp on the piano yesterday.

    Tammie

    ReplyDelete