Thursday, July 16, 2009

Casting

1 Peter 5:7 "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."

I've been feeling anxious. I actually prayed about the anxiety I've been feeling. Some of it is because I'm very busy preparing to direct a worship arts camp next week. We've been blessed with twice as many teenagers registered as ever before. What an exciting time that will be. But I feel a little bit anxious about it.

I also want to say that I think there are times that we don't deal as well with anxiety. Wouldn't you agree? I'm still not physically back to where I was before the herniated disc. My strength and stamina are weak. But I'm trying some life changes for my health and hope that it helps. Because I'm physically weaker right now, I'm feeling more mentally overwhelmed with what lies ahead.

Back to anxiety and casting...this verse is a wonderful gift from God this morning. Now I'm not a fisherman or fisherwoman, to put it more accurately, but I've seen people "cast". Visualize that motion of an experienced fisherman casting his line. He can skillfully put that baited hook out in the water several yards from where he's standing. I think that's what I need to do with this anxiety. But I think I need to practice my skills. What about you? Are you experienced at casting your anxiety?

And we can cast with confidence because he cares for us. Thank You, God, for caring! Sometimes it seems like everyone is so busy that no one cares. But God does. I love that!

So, shall we practice "casting" together?

No comments:

Post a Comment