Thursday, July 9, 2009

Press On

Philippians 3:12b "...but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me."


In case you haven't noticed by now, I love phrases. I sometimes refer to myself as a "phrasologist" (I think I made up that word). The one I'm pondering today is "Christ Jesus took hold of me." I love that thought. Christ Jesus took hold of us in order that we might someday share a heavenly reward that He is preparing. Awesome! Amazing! Incidentally, it wasn't by sheer randomness that I happened along into being a Jesus follower. No, He took hold of me. And so I press on. Looking forward to the day when I see Him face to face and share eternity with Him. AHHHHHH, the bliss! Aches and pains remind us that we don't really want to live on this earth forever anyway, right?

Oh, I'm glad to share this journey with you. But I believe Heaven will bring us all together where we're really connected. So, chin up, smile from within, and press on!

No comments:

Post a Comment