Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Wait in Expectation

Psalm 1 "Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my sighing,
2 Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray.
3 In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation."


I sigh a lot. Most of the time I don't even realize I've done it. But my husband does. Sometimes he'll ask what's wrong. He keeps a pretty good check on my pain right now. I've had a miserable setback. I think we've figured out that it's the "therapeutic" exercises I was doing. So I was advised to stop them and give my back more healing time. Anyway, I sigh a lot. Not always from pain. And not always with a "woe is me" thought. Sometimes it's a sign of completion - "ok that's done", or "can't change that", etc. I used to work with a lady that, after a trip to the restroom, she would sigh and say out loud with a sigh of finality "OK". I didn't think much about it until a client overheard it one day and chuckled. It was priceless!

Psalm 5 shows us that David sighed too. He wanted God to hear his every sigh. That's a neat thought to me! It reminds me that He knows my every thought and pain. The scripture goes on to say that David starts in the mornings laying his requests before God. I kind of feel guilty sometimes that I start requesting things of God first thing in the morning. So I'm trying to train myself to just thank Him and converse with Him for awhile before I "rip off" my "please do" list.

But the last line of verse 3 really spoke to my heart: "wait in expectation". How many times do we make our requests but don't really believe they'll be answered? I know I do. I want to pray with more belief and conviction that, if I pray in God's will, I can wait, expecting Him to answer and work all things together for good (Romans 8:28).

Let's wait in expectation!

Let me introduce you to Nancy Brown. Nancy is married to Dan and they have 3 children: Scott, Mandy, and Heather. They also have 4 grandchildren. Nancy is a vital part of the women's ministry here at Crossroads. She is working hard right now to help with the Voluntour August 16 which will honor the volunteers in our church and also encourage others to get involved by introducing them to the different ministries where they can serve. It is going to be a wonderful day. You'll want to plan to be there. Nancy is always thankful to see God work at Crossroads. She is excited to see the children's programs growing and to see so many young families coming to Crossroads. Having grown up in a family that put Christ first she knows families will benefit from being a part of the Crossroads family.

No comments:

Post a Comment