Thursday, July 2, 2009

Psalm 19:1-4

1 "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
2 Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge.
3 There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard.
4 Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world."


This scripture reminds me to look up to the sky and remember God's handiwork. His creation proclaims His awesome love and majestic work day after day, night after night. I want to be part of that faithful proclamation too. Faithful. Proclamation. I want those words to convict me to grow, to go forward in Him. I don't want today to be yesterday's news. In other words, I want to share what God is doing in my life every day, not just a long time ago, or just high points in my life. No, I want to share that He is part of me and my life every day. He meets me at each transition in my life and gives me what I need. I lost my mom almost 11 years ago. As I finish raising my kids and enter my "older" years, I wish she was here so I could ask her some questions. She was strong, spunky, lots of fun, and never seemed as old as she was. I'd like to ask her how she did that even through the hard times. I know what she'd say, though. She'd say, "the Lord gives the strength. Remember Philippians 4:13 - 'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.'"

That's the greatest gift we can give each other - Jesus. He will always be here - always - for every stage. Share Him whenever you get the chance. Let's radiate just like the skies!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris, just read your above message and I understand the desire that you have to be able to talk with your mother. Also want to say thank you for the wonderful way you share Jesus with those around you. You have a way of saying words of wisdom that speak to my heart. Lise

    ReplyDelete