Thursday, July 30, 2009

It All Comes Back to Jesus

John 15:9 "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.
10 If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.
11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete."


Last night was the first night of our Boomerang Express Vacation Bible School. What a great time! We were blessed with 69 children on our first night. Wow! Verse 9 was the lesson verse for last night. "Remain in my love." I like the sound of that...remain in the love of Jesus. But wait, the scripture goes on to say that remaining in His love is actually linked to obeying His commands. Okay, so I obey His commands in the visual sense. I mean I have accepted Him as Lord of my life and try to live a life that represents Jesus. But let's get deep and personal. What are His commands for the deepest part of my heart? How do I deal with conflict? Do I have my priorities straight? Do I appear loving to my family that know me best? (I have a huge area of improvement to work on in that...I've been so overwhelmed with ministry and now am really tired). Do I schedule time to sit at the feet of Jesus like Mary did or am I too busy like Martha was (Luke 10:38-42)?

I have some work to do on the inside. I want to remain in His love. And I want my joy to be complete. I love the beauty of the scriptures. I love the beauty of the joy of Jesus in me. I love that if I put Jesus in His place in my life, everything else falls in place. But I truly want this in the deepest sense, not just on the surface. Join me in this quest?

No comments:

Post a Comment