Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Be Still

Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."


I'm still on the rollercoaster of life this week. Camp and VBS in back to back weeks is insane. And then add in the usual craziness of family and work. To be honest, (and you would want me to be honest wouldn't you?) I've felt overwhelmed to the point of tears. Then I remembered the verse above, and God said, "Be still! Don't think about all you have to do, don't think about what you did last week, don't think, just be still." And you know what? It was refreshing. So today, I'm going to factor in some brain breaks. I'm just going to be quiet and think about my Lord and Savior. Very simple thoughts too. Because if I think too deeply, I'll be off chasing rabbits in my mind and it will lead me right back to myself and all I have to do.

I just wanted to share the value of simplicity in stillness. There may be a time you really need it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment