Friday, June 26, 2009

A God Near and Far

Jeremiah 23:23 "'Am I only a God nearby,' declares the LORD, 'and not a God far away?'"


I was thinking this morning of what the weekend brings. Crossroads at the Lake is this Sunday, June 28. It will be a great time. It's always fun to worship outside. To see folks baptized in the Lake is really cool too. The Youth are leading Wet and Wild games after the pitch-in dinner. Haley has some really fun games set up for those brave enough.

Then I was thinking about our group that's heading off to Haiti the 30th. This verse came to my mind. Our great big world will seem a little bit smaller to them as they bridge the gap between Sullivan and the places they're going in Haiti. Let's remember to hold them in prayer while they're preparing to go and also while they're there. They are going as Ambassadors for Christ. What an awesome opportunity! By being faithful in prayer for them, we share in that mission experience. So while I may not leave Sullivan this month, I plan to be a part of my church family's service through prayer.

So, join in, invite, and rejoice in the Kingdom of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment