Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Glory in Christ Jesus

Romans 15:17 "Therefore I glory in Christ Jesus in my service to God."


A rather short verse, but powerful. Our service to God brings glory to Christ Jesus. We can't ever repay Jesus for what He's done for us, but serving God brings Him glory. One definition of the word glory is expressed this way: "radiant beauty or splendor". Our faithfulness in serving God through our every day tasks is actually seen by God as radiant beauty or splendor. That's a breathtaking thought, don't you agree? I don't often see my mundane daily chores as fitting any of these descriptive words. But as we do them to please God ("So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31), He accepts our heartfelt intentions as the most beautiful gift He could receive.

Hmmm, I think I'll put a little more heartfelt intention into my work today. God deserves all the glory, all the praise, all the honor...

No comments:

Post a Comment