Tuesday, June 23, 2009

God's Grace

2 Corinthians 12:8 "Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.
9 But He said, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
10 That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."


I'm going to be honest. I'm still really struggling with my herniated disc. I've had a small setback and I'm discouraged. I need this scripture today. And then, I feel really bad that I'm making such a big complaint when others have way more difficult situations to complain about. So, I'm sharing the verses that I'm sure will give me strength in hopes that whatever you're going through will also be helped by this message.

Delight in weakness? In insults? In hardships? In persecutions? In difficulties?

God, help us to feel Your strength when we're struggling so that even though we may feel weak and powerless, we can rise up as we feel Your power and strength!

1 comment:

  1. Chris, I'm sorry to hear you had a set back. But I understand your feelings when it seems our situation seems so minor compared to others. I hate to even go to God for that reason; but I have to get in my head, heart & mind that he wants us to go to Him with all things. Take care. DK

    ReplyDelete