Monday, June 8, 2009

Living Sacrifice - Romans 12:1-2

1 "Therefore, I urge you, brothers (sisters), in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship.
2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will."


Good morning! Thanks for your comments about the blog and wondering where I was last week. My computer had a virus and spyware. I had to take it into the shop and have it cleaned out. Most of my week was "computerless". But I'm back and sharing one of the scriptures that inspire me most!

These verses truly inspire me to make every day a sacrifice to God. I get buried with the workload I have and start to focus on the tasks instead of the reason for the tasks. That's why I like to renew my mind like verse 2 says. There are a lot of ways to do that. Certainly the Word of God is our main priority. I am so thankful for the eternal power of the scriptures. They were pertinent when they were written, and they're still relevant to my life every day.

Other ways of renewing my mind is to read uplifting books, blogs, magazines, listen to good music, take a few minutes to talk to and listen to God, etc. These "Power moments" help us so much to be able to test and approve what God's will is. I don't want to become overwhelmed with stuff that is not in God's will for my daily life. But I most certainly will if I'm not seeking Him and living every day for Him. It's like the spyware that was in my computer. It crept in little by little. At first I didn't even know I had let in something that could endanger my normal running processes. But pretty soon they accumulated until they became a roadblock to my agenda. They had to be purged! Same way in our lives. Let's have a frequent maintenance program to clean and clear out the junk in our lives and become transformed for God's will.

No comments:

Post a Comment