Friday, May 29, 2009

Be Still

"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

As we head into the weekend, I was thinking about the things I wanted to do. One of them is to seek a little silence with God. For me, that probably means my front porch swing. If weather permitted, that would be my prayer closet year round. But it's an open front porch and doesn't permit me to be there in every season. And for me, it probably means early morning. There is something enriching about the early morning silence, my Bible and my God.

Right now, I have some heavy issues that need laid at the throne. They're weighing on my heart and bring tears to my eyes even as I write about them. I'm going to pack them up and take them to the front porch swing and talk to Him. Then I'm going to try not to take them back in the house with me. I'll pray about them whenever I'm in the porch swing, but I can't carry them around with me all the time because it is too heavy a burden.

Try to find some time this weekend, even if it's only a few minutes, to spend some quiet time with God. Drink in His strength and let Him refresh you. No strings attached. Just silent communion with our Savior. Think about all that is contained in the phrase "know that I am God"!

No comments:

Post a Comment