Wednesday, May 27, 2009

"In Your Thinking Be Adults"

20 "...stop thinking like children. In regard to evil be infants, but
in your thinking be adults." 1 Corinthians 14:20


Don't you love it? Paul is reminding us not to be childish. Of course, in regards to evil, we should be innocent or childlike. I don't see anything wrong with sheltering our children from knowledge of evil for as long as we can. I think that's what Paul is saying here. Stay away from evil as much as possible. Evil affects each of our lives differently. So I'm not going to be specific here. Let God speak to us about how it might be creeping into our lives. And let's determine to prevent it from getting a foothold.

However, the other side of that is to think like adults. I'm giving that some thought today. I haven't been a young adult for quite some time, yet I'm sure there are some ways I still need to mature. I like how the Bible brings these thoughts to our attention. Otherwise, I think we'd just keep speeding through life, oblivious to a lot of bad habits that we're acquiring.

Lord, show me where I need to be "childish" and where I need to be more mature!

No comments:

Post a Comment