Friday, May 22, 2009

"There Is None Like You"

"Remember the former things, those of long ago:
I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like me." Isaiah 46:9

This verse reminds me of a song I love. What a fitting verse for Memorial Day Weekend. I researched the origin of Memorial Day because, to be honest, I was confused about what it really meant. It was for decorating the graves of those who gave their lives for our country. It has since come to mean many more things - decorating graves of other people, too....and other significant events.

As I give thanks for family and friends who sacrificed for me, I want to also spend time thanking God for sacrificing His Son to be my salvation. This is a great time to worship Him and remember all He's done for us and for all He's brought us through as a nation and our families, too.

Dear God, there is none like You! Thank You for always being there for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment