Friday, May 8, 2009

Colossians 4:2

2 "Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful."


It's Friday, and I like to keep it simple on Friday. I've been trying to spend more time in prayer, and in an attitude of prayer. And I must brag on God. He has answered me this week about an issue I was seeking direction.

Paul didn't just say pray, he said to be devoted to prayer - devoted to spending time in the presence of God. That's why satan is so determined to prevent prayer in our lives is because it's a powerful tool for God to work in our lives.

I looked up the word origin for watchful and it is the same as when Jesus was praying in the garden before He was arrested and the disciples kept falling asleep. He asked them to be watchful and pray with Him. It's also the root for rising up which confirms the fact that I pray better when I get up earlier than trying to pray when I am tired at night. That's because I am a morning person. Maybe you're not. Either way, we should be alert/watchful in prayer and thankful.

Thought to carry into the weekend: be devoted to prayer!

Feel free to brag on God!

No comments:

Post a Comment