Friday, May 1, 2009

What is your favorite verse or passage of scripture?

It's Friday! I thought it would be fun to relax and hear from all you blog readers out there. All you have to do is click on the comments link and let your thoughts be known.

What is your favorite or one of your favorite passages of scripture? When I was a teenager I picked out Psalm 46 to be one of my favorites. It has sustained me many times when I was fearful of circumstances and the future. It starts out "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear..." If you're not familiar with that chapter, take time to read through it. It has beautiful visuals and is a great escape from the pressures of the world and a reminder that God is in control!

Now it's your turn.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chris,
    I think this blog is a great idea and your doing a fantastic job. I have many favorite passages, but for the past month or so, it's been Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". I am trying to quit smoking and struggling, but this scripture gives me hope that I can quit, and will quit because I CAN do all things thru Christ who strengthens me ;o) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracey, that's my favorite verse, too! It's so true. If we try to do something on our own we don't succeed, but if we trust in Him and His strength, it's amazing what we can do! I'll be praying for you as you struggle with this problem. You are a very strong woman and I know you can succeed with His help!!!!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete