Thursday, May 28, 2009

All In One Breath

9 "because a great door for effective work has opened to me, and there are many who oppose me."


I've got this verse circled in my Bible. It has interested me since I first noticed it. All in one breath Paul shares that there is new opportunity opening up for him and people who are trying to prevent him from the ministry God's given him. I know how many times I start to question whether I've heard God's leading correctly when I'm faced with roadblocks in my path. But Paul seems to take it in stride. He takes the good and he takes the bad. That inspires me. When I read about Paul's faithfulness in serving God, I'm always amazed at the opposition he dealt with. His words encourage me to pick myself up (from discouragement, opposition, health challenges, etc...) and get going again.

So, if you find yourself in a place of opportunity today, but you also feel overwhelmed by the opposition, you're not alone. Let Paul's words in verse 13 be your banner today: "Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men (or women) of courage; be strong."

Remember, with God anything's possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment