Thursday, May 21, 2009

"I Will Sustain You"

"Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens." Psalm 68:19

That's an encouraging verse! I've been struggling a bit with my health and then I had internet issues - it's been a crazy week. It's so comforting to know that God has been with me every day as I face whatever comes my way.

For those who've known the Lord for awhile, we acknowledge that God bears our burdens. But I know that I have my "pet" burdens that I keep for myself and don't actually turn them over to God in my mind. It seems easier to release some to God - "Oh, God will take care of that" - but other troubles stay on my mind. My mom once told me that if I thought of a certain problem constantly, then I was worrying about it. I had always thought worry was more hand wringing emotions. But she got me to thinking. I worry when I mull a problem over and over in my mind. But I release it to God's control when I pray about it, then focus on positive thoughts and thanking God.

Dear Lord, thank you for daily bearing my burdens. Help me to release all my worries to You and spend my energy on praising You!

No comments:

Post a Comment