Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My Eyes and My Heart Will Always Be There

There is a beautiful passage of scripture in 2 Chronicles where Solomon and God are having a dialogue. Solomon has dedicated the Temple to the dwelling of the LORD. And The LORD promises Solomon that if His people "will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

He goes on to say that His eyes will be open and His ears attentive to their prayers offered in the Temple, that His name will always be there. AND "My eyes and my heart will always be there".

The New Testament teaches that when we accept salvation through Jesus Christ that we become a temple for the dwelling of God. So this Old Testament scripture speaks to me too. And I love the visualization I get when I read about His eyes and His heart. The eyes are the window of the soul, you know. It is hard to read or know another person without looking into their eyes or heart. I love thinking about God's eyes and heart always dwelling with me. I love to close my eyes and picture actually/physically looking into His eyes. And I feel His heart when I bask in His love. All the cares of the world aside, just bask. Remember how much He loves us. Remember love never fails. Love covers a multitude of sins. Love. Love. Love.

When we soak up His love, doesn't that cause us to love others more?

So the words for today? He sees and He cares! That will get us through anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment