Monday, October 12, 2009

Joy and Gladness Will Be Found In Her

Isaiah 51:3 "...Joy and gladness will be found in her, thanksgiving and the sound of singing."


This verse really made me think. Now I know that this scripture is referring to the everlasting salvation for Zion, but many times I feel like it could be talking about me too. I have faced ruins and desolation of sorts, and in verse 1 of chapter 51 it says, "Listen to me, you who pursue righteousness and who seek the LORD..." - I certainly fit that description.

So back to 51:3. If I make this verse personal, it says that joy and gladness will be found in me, thanksgiving and the sound of singing. Is that what others see and hear? Or do I whine all the time? I believe in being "real", but honestly, what positive outcome can there be from whining? Is my joy and gladness buried underneath my stress, busyness, and self-centeredness?

Hmmm...more food for thought (notice how we always bring it back to food, haha).Maybe a thankful heart is the basis for the singing to burst forth. Starting today I want the people around me to be able to say (instead of whining) that joy, gladness, thanksgiving, and the sound of singing can be heard from Chris. Want to harmonize with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment