Thursday, August 6, 2009

"let His blood..."

Matthew 27:24 "When Pilate saw that he was getting nowhere, but that instead an uproar was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd. 'I am innocent of this man's blood,' he said, 'It is your responsibility!'

25 All the people answered, 'Let his blood be on us and on our children!'"


How ironic! As I was reading this scripture this morning it struck me that the very people who cried "crucify him" also stated, "let his blood be on us and on our children". They didn't have the conviction that, in fact, that was truly what they needed--the blood of Jesus to rid them and their children of their sin and make a way for them to enter heaven. I am so thankful that my children and husband and I have accepted Jesus. And I want to literally pour myself into ministering in ways that will help people know Jesus.

Thank You, Jesus, for being willing to shed your blood! Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment