Monday, June 28, 2010

Be Ready!

1 Peter 3:15 "But sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence."

I have an emptiness inside when I don't study the Bible. My mom personified this verse in her life. She had made a lifetime of studying the scriptures to know what she believed to be able to share with others. You know, it occurred to me that this is the reason we should know the doctrines of our faith--to be able to share it with others. I know people who think their doctrine gives them power, esteem, helps them know more about God than others and that they're endowed to be able to set the rest of the world straight. But this verse says that we should be able to tell others why we believe what we do.

It doesn't have to be boring. And it doesn't have to be so deep you can't understand it. And you don't have to be a theologian to study the Bible. Jesus came to the common person, He came with hope and promise and love. I want to be a student of hope, promise, and love. So that I can share with others who feel NO hope, promise, or love.

Lord, help me understand and absorb as I study Your Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment