Wednesday, September 23, 2009

True Contentment

Thought for the day: "The source of true contentment is a Person, not provision." (Alicia Britt Chole in her book Sitting in God's Sunshine...Resting in His Love)

I'm working on the contentment level in my heart. I feel like I probably think that if I had this or that, I'd be more content...if I didn't have this problem, or that problem...

Paul in the Bible said, "I've learned to be content whatever the circumstances" Philippians 4:11. In Chole's books she also writes, "Contented hearts always know satisfaction even before they finish their prayer."

Hmmm...if you're like me, I've never really thought about it that way before. To be honest, I think I pray with a sense of urgency, asking God to provide such and such, because if He does, I will be more content. I now feel enlightened about my contentment barometer. I think contentment goes hand in hand with trust and peace, but I am going to work on mine.

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want." Philippians 4:12

1 comment:

  1. Chris, Something told me to get on the blog. I'm glad to see you back. I really enjoy your thoughts and Gods words. You are a blessing.

    Donna K

    ReplyDelete